Wednesday 3 July 2013

little miracles (in bottle form!)

I decided it was time for me to change things up and do a beauty & skincare blog post. Most of these items are something I cannot survive day to day life without. I am writing this from the hairdressers seat where I am finally giving my hair the revitalisation it needs and removing the extra eyebrows I have growing on my forehead. 

I am most possibly the palest person you will ever come across so therefore I love applying bronzer to my cheeks and hair line to give the impression that I have some sort of colour in me. This same scenario applies to the self tanning lotion, I hate orange looking tans and have to say that this Australian branded formula by Bondi Sands is one of the best looking tans I have ever had. It is a gel form and when is applied to the skin is green in colour which allows for you to see what patches you have missed to ensure a flawless tan. Once dried over a few hours turns a great colour (it's when you don't moisturise and look after your tan that it turn's nasty a few day's later). Even before going out for the night I have applied it a few hours before and it developed throughout the night and looked fab! 

If you've never tried or owned a BB cream I suggest you invest in some. I have been told of a few good brands some of which include Asian brands (Western 'Light' branded creams can still often be too dark) and this Garnier one! I use my BB cream as a base for my foundation when I don't feel as though i've been given enough coverage or for those lazy day's around home when I can't be bothered applying a full face of makeup. The cream is so incredibly light like a moisturiser and you can barely tell you have it on, and the best part is that it is SPF 15+ which is great for us pale people who get burnt at the slightest sign of UV rays. 

MAC Fix+ spray is my life saviour when it comes to going out to town of a night of when i'm wearing my make up for hours on end. The spray sets your makeup to your face so when you're running around doing errands and sweating it doesn't rub off or your mascara doesn't drip down your face. 

The Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub is a god sent! I hate those annoying exfoliators where you cannot feel the beads and sand exfoliating the face, which is why I love this one. I have only just recently started using the Michael Todd skincare range but so far I have nothing but great things to say about it. When used with the Facial Cleanser, Toner and Moisturiser I can guarantee and notice that all of my make-up is removed from my face and I can feel the annoying blemishes packing their things up and leaving my skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment